Call me Doctor Atkinson
- pulmonary infections including TB and non-tuberculous mycobacteria
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- interstitial lung diseases
- pleural disease
- lung cancer
- respiratory palliative care
- endobronchial ultrasound with transbronchial needle aspiration
- thoracic ultrasound
- pleural procedures including indwelling pleural catheters
I trained in Newcastle, graduating in 2006. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians (UK) (Respitory), Diploma of Membership of the Royal College of Physicians and Specialty Certificate in Respiratory Medicine. I'm also a member of the British Thoracic Society.
I enjoy helping patients understand and learn to manage their illnesses over the long term.