Call me Mrs Walker
I have a Masters Degree in Clinical Education and my main interest is in teaching of undergraduate dental students and orthodontic speciality trainees.
I qualified as a dentist from Newcastle University in 1999. After qualification I worked in a variety of settings including general dental practice and oral and maxillofacial surgery. I completed my orthodontic specialty training in 2009 and have been a consultant in Carlisle since 2010.
My professional qualifications are as follows:
- BDS (Hons) 1999 Newcastle University
- MFDS 2001 Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MSc (Orthodontics) 2007 Newcastle University
- MOrth 2007 Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FDSOrth 2009 Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MClinEd 2013 Newcastle University
Orthodontic treatment can have a huge impact and I enjoy seeing the difference this makes to children and young people. I also enjoy the challenge of working with my colleagues in a multidisciplinary environment, planning treatment for those patients with the most complex problems.
Collaboration. Collaborating with colleagues in other specialties and settings is important in providing the best quality of care to our patients and high quality teaching for our trainees.