The Viral Hepatitis Team will be holding a free drop in Hepatitis C Clinics in Carlisle and Workington.
Carlisle Market Hall on Saturday 15th January 2022 – 10am to 3pm
Carnegie Theatre Workington Saturday 29th January - 10am to 3pm
Are you a risk of contracting Hepatitis C? Nurses will be doing finger prick tests with instant results for Hepatitis C antibodies.
Some of the risks are
- Blood transfusion or blood products prior to 1991 in the UK?
- Tattoo or body piercing abroad?
- Ever snorted or injected drugs (including steroids) – even if it was only once?
- Born in or have you had a medical procedure in an area which has a higher prevalence of blood borne viruses? (Such as Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa)
- Have you had unprotected sex with anyone who is known to have HIV, Hepatitis B or C, or might be at risk for any of the reasons listed here?
- Any other blood to blood contact such as sharing razors or toothbrushes?
Hepatitis C is Treatable – Treatment is provided by the Viral Hepatitis Service. Treatment is well tolerated and usually 1 tablet a day for 8-12 weeks
You can also arrange testing at your GP Practice, Sexual Health Clinic, Drug and Alcohol Team