Governor elections are taking place this summer with the Trust looking for 12 new public governors and three staff governors.
Local people can become a member to stand as a governor before the closing date of the nominations on August 8, 2022,
Those interested in nominating themselves can do so by completing the nomination form online or can request a paper version by contacting the Returning Officer.
The role description includes:
- Represent the interests of the members of the Trust as a whole and the interests of the public
- Hold the Non-Executive Directors to account for the performance of the Board of Directors
- Appoint, remove and decide the terms of office, including remuneration, of the Chair and other Non-Executive Directors
- Appoint or remove the Trust’s External Auditors
- Review the annual accounts, auditor’s report and annual report
- Express a view on the Board of Directors’ forward plans
The public vacancies include:
- 3 x Public Allerdale
- 2 x Public Furness
- 2 x Public Eden
- 2 x Public Carlisle
- 1 x North East England
- 2 x South Lakeland
There are no elections for public governors this year in Copeland or Lancashire.
The staff vacancies include:
- 1 x Furness and South Lakeland
- 2 x Carlisle and Eden
There are no elections for staff governors in Copeland or Allerdale.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5pm on August 8.
All governors are volunteers; however travel expenses will be reimbursed.
To stand for election you must be a member of North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust within the Public Constituency or Class of the Staff Constituency for which you wish to stand as a candidate.
To find out more about the vacancies in your area; what is involved in being a governor; to complete your nomination online or to request a paper nomination form, contact Civica, who are managing the election on behalf of the Trust:
To find out more about being a governor please contact the Corporate Governance Team email@example.com