Our team can help you if you need:
- facial deformity (orthognathic) surgery
- facial or oral prosthetics
- head, neck and facial surgery for cancer
- photodynamic therapy
- reconstructive surgery
- removal of benign and malignant tumours in the head and neck
- removal of impacted teeth and complex buried dental roots
- skin cancer surgery
- surgical treatment for facial injuries
- salivary gland surgery for benign and malignant lesions
Generally, if you’re referred to our service, you’ll be invited for a consultation. During the appointment we’ll do a physical examination, discuss the reasons you’ve been referred to us and what you hope to get out of any treatment. We may also need to do an X-ray or other investigations.
Once we’ve examined you and decided if surgery is appropriate, we’ll discuss your options in detail and agree on a treatment plan.
All Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery takes place at Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle. You can read more about being admitted as day patient or inpatient here.
Some consultations are carried out in a multi-disciplinary environment, meaning that you benefit from the expertise of different team members and specialists being involved your care.
Oral Surgery Surgical Centre
01228 814222 or 814224