This service offers video consultations using Attend Anywhere. This means your consultation can take place from your own home using a secure website.
We can provide treatment and support if you have any of these conditions:
- autoimmune disease e.g. lupus
- crystal arthropathies, e.g. gout
- inflammatory back problems e.g. ankylosing spondylitis
- inflammatory blood vessel conditions e.g. vasculitis
- inflammatory joint conditions e.g. rheumatoid arthritis
- metabolic bone disorders, e.g. osteoporosis
- musculoskeletal infections
We can also help you with:
- diagnosis and treatment of early inflammatory arthritis
If you’re referred to Rheumatology, you’ll be invited for an assessment with one of our consultants. During the appointment, we’ll discuss your medical history, family history, current medications and symptoms. We may also do a:
- physical examination
- ultrasound scan
- blood test or
- refer you for further tests and investigations
Once we’ve made our assessment, we’ll discuss your results and go through your options in detail. Together we’ll agree on the best option for you and create a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
Treatments options may include:
- new medication
- advice on how to manage your condition
- follow up appointments to see how you’re getting on
- referral to other services such as Physiotherapy
- soft tissue and joint injections
You may also be seen by one of our specialist nurses or occupational therapists for practical help, advice, support and education about your condition.
If you’re already a patient of ours you can call the Rheumatology advice line on 01228 814732. For appointment enquiries call 03447 760003.
Lower ground floor
West Cumberland Hospital