During the COVID-19 pandemic we have had to close the Orthodontic department. We are currently working on ways to support you during this period.
If you/your child has an urgent problem with the brace then please contact our secretaries on 01228 814225. We will arrange for a Clinician to give advice over the phone or via a video call.
To keep your teeth and gums healthy, and your brace safe from damage, please follow these instructions:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes with a toothbrush (manual or powered) and fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a Fluoride mouth-rinse once a day at a different time to brushing
- If you have a fixed brace use a single tufted brush to clean around the brackets.
- If you have a removable brace clean it regularly as instructed
- Follow the necessary dietary restrictions: no fizzy drinks (including diet and sports drinks), no chewing gum, toffees or other sweets. Limit other sweet foods to meal times only.
- Please take special care not to break the brace by avoiding hard and crunchy foods or biting nails.
The British Orthodontic Society Website has some useful information leaflets about brace care and dietary advice (www.bos.org.uk).
We will be in touch with an appointment when we are able to open the department again.
With Best Wishes
Consultant Orthodontic Team