This service offers video consultations using Attend Anywhere. This means your consultation can take place from your own home using a secure website.
- coeliac disease
- inflammatory bowel diseases e.g. Crohn’s disease
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- problems with the digestive tract
If you’ve been referred to Gastroenterology as an outpatient we’ll invite you in for an assessment with one of our consultants. During the appointment we’ll discuss your medical history and the symptoms you're experiencing. We may also do a physical examination or tests such as:
- blood tests
- a CT scan
- an MRI scan
- an X-ray
- an ultrasound scan
- tests on a sample of your poo
Depending on your circumstances, we may also need to refer you to the Endoscopy Unit.
Once we’ve made our assessment, we’ll discuss your results and go through your options in detail. Together we’ll agree on the best option for you and create a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
Treatment options may include:
- a change to your diet
- advice and education on how to manage your condition
- new medication
- follow up appointments to see how you’re getting on
Content coming soon