If you're on a low income you may be eligible for help with travel costs.
From the M6:
- exit at junction 44 and take the A689 towards Workington
- stay on the road for 3 miles until you reach the Moorhouse Road roundabout
- take the 1st exit marked Newtown Industrial Estate B5307
- follow the road for 1.5 miles and the hospital is on the left
From the A595:
- follow the A595 into Carlisle until the McVities biscuit factory roundabout
- take the 1st exit marked Kirkbride B5307
- follow the road for half a mile and the hospital is on the right
Stagecoach run buses from Carlisle city centre and the surrounding area to Cumberland Infirmary. Use the Stagecoach website to plan your journey.
If you’re arriving into Carlisle by train there’s a taxi rank directly outside the station. Alternatively you can catch a bus from The Courts on English Street. Walking from the train station to Cumberland Infirmary takes 35 minutes.
By Patient Transport Service
This service helps eligible patients get to and from hospital appointments. It’s provided by the North West Ambulance Service. To find out if you’re eligible, contact the local booking centre on 01228 403031.
They’ll ask you some simple questions about your medical condition and mobility. Make sure you have your NHS number ready before your call. You can get this from your GP or clinic.